With a growing awareness of the vital role that engineers play in society, the future of engineering in India looks incredibly promising. In fact, it is highly likely that the field will gain even greater significance, which bodes well for students considering a career in this exciting and dynamic industry.
By cultivating the skills and knowledge that are in high demand, these students will be well-positioned to contribute to the continued growth of the country while also enjoying stable, high-paying employment.
Moreover, with a commitment to ongoing learning and a growth mindset, they will be able to carve out fulfilling and successful careers that align with their dreams and aspirations. This is an opportune moment for aspiring engineers to hone their talents and prepare themselves for the challenges and opportunities of an ever-evolving and increasingly competitive world.
Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) College of Engineering, Pune, established in 1983, is a renowned institution that has earned an A+ grade by NAAC and is a constituent unit of BV University. Founded by the visionary Hon’ble Dr Patangrao Kadam, this institution has undergone a remarkable transformation under the leadership of the Hon’ble Dr Vishwajeet Kadam, Secretary & Pro-Vice Chancellor of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, and Hon’ble Dr Shivajirao Kadam, Chancellor of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University.
BVUCOE, Pune, offers a diverse range of 11 graduate, 08 PG programmes, and Doctoral programmes in 08 disciplines, few of them are accredited by NBA in three cycles. The library of the institute boasts an impressive collection of more than 73,593 books, 19,999 titles, and 95 national and 90 international journal subscriptions. Additionally, the digital library of the institute features over 64,534 journals in e-form.
The institute takes pride in its highly qualified faculty members, with 65 holding PhD qualifications, 1,240 publications in standard journals, 941 publications in journals listed in a standard database such as Scopus and Web of Science, and 2,508 citations in the last five years, indicating its transformation as a leading research institute. The institute has also earned three patents to its credit and has filed 25 patents, out of which 22 were published in the last five years, further demonstrating its commitment to innovation and progress.
Quest for Social Transformation
Bharati Vidyapeeth is on a mission to be a world-class Institute for social transformation through dynamic education.
The institute is marching with the following prime missions
- To provide quality technical education with advanced equipment, qualified faculty members, and world-class infrastructure to meet the professions and society’s needs.
- To provide an environment conducive to innovation, creativity, research, and entrepreneurial leadership.
- To practice and promote professional ethics, transparency, and accountability for social community, economic and environmental conditions.
The institute also works while keeping its core values in mind. The core values of the institute are
- Meeting the ever-changing needs of our students and society.
- Valuing diversity and inclusion and creating an equitable community where students with different backgrounds can learn, innovate, and engage in community conversations.
- Promoting continuous growth in teaching and learning.
- Valuing and respecting students, faculty, and staff who are our greatest asset.
Working for the Founder’s Dream
Bharati Vidyapeeth, the parent body of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), was established in 1964 by the eminent educationist and visionary, Patangrao Kadam.
He always put a premium on the quality of education imparted to students through the institutions of Bharati Vidyapeeth. He emphasized that students of Bharati Vidyapeeth should receive education in a very hospitable and conducive atmosphere.
Reaching the Last Corner of the Country
The institute has been selected to establish MHRD – ‘Institution Innovation Council (IIC)’ for the promotion of innovation. It has got recognition as a Host Institute (HI) to set up/establish a Business incubator (BI) for implementation of the scheme, namely ‘Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of MSMEs through Incubator’.
Overcoming the Financial Barrier
As a private institute, ample funds are unavailable for research and innovation like government-funded institutes. Due to this institute was lagging in research and development activities. Institute has started Entrepreneur Development Cell (EDC), IIC, and Dedicated R&D Cell. Institute has initiated to provide seed money for research, financial assistance for paper publication, conferences and patent filling. This has resulted in increasing research publications.
Expansion of Educational Doors
Extracurricular activities are crucial in keeping the students engaged and enhancing their personalities. The following extracurricular activities are by the Bharati Vidyapeeth.
- Annual Techno Cultural fest ‘Bharatiyam’
- Free Health Check-ups
- Diagnostics & Medical Facility (Allopathy, Dentistry, Ayurvedic, Homeopathy)
- Personality and Employment Enhancement Programs
- Skill Development Courses
- Students Associations
- International Student’s Cell
- Grievances Redressal Cell with Ombudsman
- Anti-Ragging Committee
- Award for Best Researcher, Best Student, Best Project
- Extension Activities through NSS
- Entrepreneur Development Cell
- Discussion with Senior Corporates under Saturday @ BV Programme
- Excellent sports facility and financial support for competitions (11 Acres Open Playground, Cricket and Football Ground, Gymkhana, Track for Athletics, Basketball Courts, Volleyball Courts, Badminton Courts, Indoor sports (Tennis, Judo, Wrestling, Taekwondo), Kabaddi and Kho-Kho Court
- Hospital, Mess, Cafeteria, Bank & ATM, Guest House, 24×7 Security and CCTV Surveillance.
Education for Everyone
Bharati Vidyapeeth has a vast set of engineering courses available. The list is as follows.
List of B. Tech. Programs
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Business Systems (Collaborative programme with TCS)
- Electronics & Telecommunication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Robotics and Automation
List of M.Tech. Programs
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical (CAD/CAM)
- Electronics (VLSI Design)
- Civil (Water Resource Engineering)
- Electrical (Power Systems)
- Chemical Engineering
Making Marks in Every Field
The institute has been successful in every field, and the long list of accolades can attest to this fact.
Ranking and Accreditation received by the institute, over the years is as follows
- Programs Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi, in Successively three cycles.
- Ranked among the top 150 Engineering Colleges of India by National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) successively for seven years.
- Ranked 131st at the National level among Engineering colleges of India by NIRF-2022.
- Ranked among the Top 50 Private Institutions of India by Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) successively for two years.
- AICTE-Internshala ranked this Institute 20th at the National level and 2nd in West Zone for Best Internship Record.
Awards and Recognition received by the institute are as follows
- Awarded as a Platinum Category Institute in the All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) – Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) survey 2019.
- Selected by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India, New Delhi, for their innovative ‘Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration’ (SPARC).
- Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) of BV(DU) COE has secured 5 out of 5 stars for the year 2019-20 and attained a position in the Top 150 IIC Councils out of more than 1700 IICs across India.
The institute believes that engineering, as an educational field, comes with a truckload of cliches. From the accusation of being a field that is slowly growing out of demand to being one that puts an unbelievable amount of pressure on students, the field has braved it all!
The institute advises students to follow the following principles
1) Getting the basics right.
2) Going beyond the syllabus
3) Striking a balance between freedom and responsibilities
4) Building a good rapport with professors
5) Becoming part of a solid study group
6) Exploring interests
7) Not miss out on extra-curricular activities
Changing Dynamics of Engineering Education and the Future of Bharati Vidyapeeth
It is likely that the COVID-19 crisis of 2020 will change the way society works, lives and innovates for decades to come. How will society respond to future pandemics, financial crises, and natural or human-made disasters? How might engineers show their resilience to society’s systems – infrastructure, logistics, wireless connectivity, innovation, healthcare, energy, food, manufacturing, financial, business, social and community organizations? Engineering innovation can play a powerful transformative role in enabling resilience in society’s systems. BV(DU) COE, Pune Engineering faculty are taking a leading role in advancing public dialogue on the technological and social innovations that will shape the collective resilient future. Soon it will be demonstrate & exhibit implementation of NEP-2020 in its curriculum.