(IISc placed in the top position in Times Higher Education (THE), and Oxford University has been considered the best educational institute globally.)
In the current Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking round, the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has been ranked in the top position among the other Indian Institutes. For transparency concerns, it has been boycotted by most of the Indian Institutes for the third consecutive year.
Parameters of THE
The THE conducts a survey in the world where it ranks the universities based on different parameters such as the quality of education, the infrastructure of the campuses, flexibility to adaptability and many other essential things that have been noticed by ‘THE’.
It helps students across the globe to select the best university for their future endeavors and get detailed information about their chosen universities. The study provides whole data about universities, as well as the study also includes information on the country where it is located.
It has been observed that THE has set specific criteria to rank the universities, such as teaching is 30 per cent, research is 30 per cent, industry outcome is 2.5 per cent, a citation is 30 per cent, and international outlook is 7.5 per cent.
World Rankings as per THE
- IISc placed in the top position among the 251-300 band.
- And the Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences and JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research placed second in the 351- 400 band, and the Shoolini university made its debut in the ranking list.
- Tamil Nadu’s Algappa University, a public institution, receives the third position in India in the 401-500 band.
- In the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2022, Himachal Pradesh-based private university has been ranked 96th
- As per THE statement, oxford university has emerged as the best educational institute globally among 1,799 universities from 104 countries.
Market Outlook of THE
Based on its parameters, THE ranks the universities globally. With the help of given positions, students could choose their interested universities and will be able to get more precise data about the country’s education system.