Since technology has been changing quickly, most students today who have completed their higher education are always unsure of the course they might want. As a result, they constantly search for several courses on one platform so they may explore their skills and abilities.
However, Abdelhafid Boussouf University Center, Mila places a strong emphasis on offering top-notch training in the fields of technology, computer science, and mathematics, in order to meet the demands of today’s advanced students. The institution continually strives to give students training that will also be beneficial for the advancement of the country.
The educational and scientific resources at the Abdelhafid Boussouf University Center in Mila, which are entirely dedicated to the development in scientific research and technology, have been constantly evolving.
While hunting for “The 10 Best Institutes for Higher Education – 2023,” we came across the university and spoke with Professor Amirouche Bouchelaghem, the Rector. He discussed the university’s founding story and long-term objectives with The Education View in an interactive interview.
Keep scrolling to find out more about the institute.
An Inception Tale
The Abdelhafid Boussouf Mila University Center is a 74-hectare complex that houses 8000 classroom spaces, a university café, and four libraries. It is situated 8 kilometres from the wilaya’s administrative centre in Mila and faces the route to Zaghaia.
The goal of the Institute of Science and Technology (ST) is to provide some top-notch training in technology, computer science, and mathematics. Training in such is booming, technology disciplines that prepares students for professional integration and an effective contribution to the growth of the nation and the region
The Institute currently includes five departments, including
- Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Technical Sciences.
- Hydraulic and Civil Engineering.
- Electromechanical and Mechanical Engineering.
- Sciences of nature and life.
The promotion of three departments in institutes was confirmed by the official journal N° 77 of November 22, 2022, and the institutes in concern are indeed:
- The Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science.
- The Institute of Natural and Life Sciences.
An Influential personality
Abdelhafid Boussouf University Center in Mila is presided over by Professor Amirouche Bouchelaghem.
Mila’s expansion of its educational structures has advanced greatly as a result of his efforts, specifically the university centre Abdelhafid Boussouf. This, of course, was reflected in the tangible growth of scientific specialties and made the demand for a human workforce for administration and supervision even more urgent. As a result, it enabled the university to hold a respectable position among the country’s top research universities.
He inspired and aided the young institution so that it could develop into a prestigious scientific pole, not only at the level of the wilaya of Mila, the national pride of its illustrious history, and its potential in terms of people and the natural world, but also at the level of the nation and the world.
While leading the university centre toward the openness of its scientific and social space, he also gave permission to support the pedagogical and scientific endeavors of its faculty members as well as the scientific, cultural, and athletic endeavors of its students.
Additionally, its positive and active engagement has opened up new avenues for contact with the environment and served as a productive means of communication with a variety of partners and operators. This has helped the university become more integrated with its scientific environment. It should be highlighted that every opportunity presents the possibility of an exchange of knowledge and abilities for the benefit of the community and the nation.
Apart from Professor Amirouche Bouchelaghem, Dr Rofia ABADA, lecturer at the Institute of Science and Technology, Department of Civil Engineering and Hydraulics at Abdelhafid Boussouf university center, Mila Algeria and Dr Yakoub BOULAROUK, vice-rector of education, lecturer, HDR at Abdelhafid Boussouf university center, Mila Algeria has lead the institute towards great success.
The Institute of Science and Technology offers training in Bachelor’s degrees, and Master’s degrees in all fields: computer science, mathematics, technical sciences, and natural and life sciences.
Bachelor’s degree courses at the university centre of Mila
- Mathematics and Computer Science Field- Computer science; Specialty- Computer systems; Field- Mathematics.
- Field of Natural and Life Sciences- Stream: Biological Sciences, Specialty: Biochemistry; Field: Biotechnology, Specialty: Plant Biotechnology and Improvement; Stream: Ecology and Environment, Specialty: Ecology and Environment.
- Technical Sciences field- Stream: Hydraulics, Specialty: Hydraulics; Field: Electro mechanics, Specialty: Electro mechanics; Field: Civil Engineering, Specialty: Civil Engineering; Field: Mechanical Engineering, Specialty: Energetics.
Formations in Master
- Mathematics and computer science field- Field: Computer Science, Specialty: Information and Communication Sciences and Technologies; Stream: Mathematics, Specialty: Applied Mathematics; Field: Mathematics, Speciality: Fundamental Mathematics.
- Field of Natural and Life Sciences- Stream: Biological Sciences, Specialty: Applied Biochemistry; Field: Biotechnology, Specialty: Plant Biotechnology; Stream: Ecology and Environment, Specialty: Ecosystems Protection.
- Technical Sciences field- Stream: Hydraulics, Specialty: Urban Hydraulics; Field: Electro mechanics, Specialty: Electro mechanics; Field: Civil Engineering, Specialty: Structures; Field: Mechanical Engineering, Specialty: Energetics.
Technically Advanced Courses
The Abdelhafid Boussouf Mila University Center provides 46 training courses spread over seven areas. Among these, we count five new courses all in technical fields:
- Artificial Intelligence and its Applications (Master).
- Microbiology (License).
- Process Engineering (Bachelor’s degree).
- Applied Mathematics (License).
- Applied Geology (Bachelor’s degree).
The rate of training in technical fields amounts to 52 percent.
Bachelor’s degree courses: 19.
Master’s degree courses: 22.
Facilities for Disabled Students
The Abdelhafid Boussouf Mila university centre is equipped with pedagogical material for disabled persons, namely:
- Tele-rounder’s in Braille
- Electronic magnifier
- Software jaws
- Braille printer
- Braille range.
Number of administrative staff for the 2021-2022 academic years: 267
Number of research laboratories for the academic year 2021-2022: 4 laboratories
– 1 laboratory in the Institute of Economics
– 1 laboratory in the department of computer science
– 1 laboratory in the department of letters
– 1 laboratory in the Institute of Science and Technology
Number of research projects for the academic year 2021-2022: 50 projects
45 PRFU, 1 PNR, 1 PRIMA, 1BELGE,
2 thematic projects
Percentage of teacher-researchers participating in research projects for the academic year 2021-2022: 35.7%.
The number of scientific journals for the academic year 2021-2022: 7 journals:
– 1 journal at the central level
– 1 journal in the Institute of Economics
– 1 journal in the department of math and computer science
– 2 journals in the Department of Humanities
– 1 journal in the Department of Biology
– 1 journal in the Department of Law
Number of agreements for the year (2021-2022): 4 international, 42 national
Life at the university
The Abdelhafid Boussouf Mila University Center has always worked for the promotion of a quality university life which includes all the activities throughout the academic year in various fields at the initiative of the dedicated structures and actors (DACS, Institutes, …) in the respect of the values of the university and its environment.
The Abdelhafid Boussouf Mila University Center has given itself as a strategic objective in the field of university life the satisfaction of the following axes:
- The management of the university campus (university works, hygiene and security).
- The development of a culture of belonging to the university.
- Cultural and sport activités.
- The communication at the université
- University life- Sports activities and relaxation areas.
– To ensure the optimal, adapted and comfortable conditions of functioning for the exercise of the various university activities.
– To remedy the insufficiencies foreseen in structures and equipment to support this normal and favorable evolution.
– The Abdelhafid Boussouf University Center, Mila adopts a development strategy that is spread over the short, medium and long term: 2023 à 2027.
– Study, follow-up and realization of a block of 06 research laboratories. (Execution phase).
– Study and follow-up for the realization of 3000 teaching places at the University Center Abdelhafid Boussouf of Mila.
– Study for the realization of an Auditorium of 800 places at the University Center Abdelhafid Boussouf of Mila.
– Study for the realization of 50 housing units for the benefit of the teaching staff.
– Acquisition of biology equipment for the University Center of Mila (Notified and registered).
– Equipment of a room for people with reduced mobility at the central library of the University Center of Abdelhafid Boussouf – Mila (Notified and Registered).
– Acquisition of computer types of equipment and servers for the cell of distance learning University Center of Mila (Notified).
– Acquisition of scientific equipment for the Institute of Science and Technology (Waiting for Notification).
- Projects in the expertise phase:
– Acquisition of equipment and assembly of a conditioned greenhouse for educational works in Plant Biology (Expertise phase).
– Acquisition, installation and commissioning of remote monitoring equipment (Expertise phase).
– Acquisition of equipment to support teaching and training (Expertise Phase).
- Future projects
– Energy transition and renewable energies.
– Multi-purpose sports infrastructure.
– Chemical storage warehouse.
– Technological Pedagogical Hall.
A Pearl of Wisdom
The university centre of Mila continues to provide considerable efforts to develop its human resources, particularly in terms of pedagogical supervision, it works to diversify its various training, opening new specialties for the three levels of the license, master and doctorate.
The Abdelhafid Boussouf Mila University Center encourages scientific research by motivating its teachers to propose research projects in collaboration with local and national communities for scientific and economic development.
It also works to improve the educational conditions and social works for the university community.
The Abdelhafid Boussouf centre has made considerable, positive and encouraging efforts, especially under the leadership of the director of the centre Professor Amirouche BOUCHELAGHEM who continues to encourage the teachers and all the administrative staff, to use the human, scientific, educational and administrative skills that exist within the university centre of Mila, to improve its criteria in all areas including those related to the acquisition of the university grade.